Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rebuilding

This past Friday marks the start of the road back to the bike with my first "ride" since I was hit.  I was cleared by the doctor to start spinning as my ankle allows so I attempted my first "workout" on a spin bike.  After an easy and lengthy warm up, I added a little resistance to see how things felt.  I made it 15 minutes before I started having pain in the front of my ankle, forcing me to back the resistance down.  Despite only being able to ride 45 minutes, it was nice to be doing something again...moving forward so to speak.  Unfortunately the spin bike wasn't completely comfortable due to my other injury, my left collar bone/sternum.  I was forced to support myself mostly with my right arm or ride sitting up.  I'm a long way from being back and I can't even imagine riding a real bike until my collar bone/sternum are in better shape.  I can imagine the pain the first time I hit a bump.  Two more weeks of physical therapy before the doctor decides to move into more aggressive treatment.  I'd be ecstatic to not need any additional treatment however progress seems to have stopped with the collar bone/sternum.  At least the ankle seems to be healing so I have the spin bike to keep me entertained in the meantime.  I guess the up side is that I'm on the Vince Clune training timeline now.  I should be ripping by August/September haha!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and all the best on a Speedy recovery Crilliskillet!

    ReplyDelete