Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mt. Greylock

My posts are a little out of order but that's what happens sometimes when you are playing catch-up.  For Tour of the Hilltowns, my wife and I stayed in Williamstown MA and decided to make a weekend out of the race.  On Sunday, we rode Mt. Greylock...the highest peak in MA tucked up in the northwestern corner.  We started out Sunday morning and climbed the north face first, descended the south face, turned around and climbed the south face, and then descended the north face back to Williamstown.  It was an absolutely beautiful day and afforded me the opportunity to get some more steady climbing into my legs.  Mt. Greylock tops out at 3,491 feet and the northern ascent is about 7 miles in length while the southern ascent comes in around 10 miles.  Both are beautiful but I enjoyed the northern ascent the most.  The view from the top was outstanding and given the clear conditions, we could see four states.  Here are a few pictures from the day...









Now I can check one more state's highest peak off my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment